India Test Tour 2013Due to venue changes announced by the BCCI and CA on Jan 15th this tour itinerary has been updated.
India is one of the truly unforgettable travel experiences in the world with it's multi-dimensional cultures, geography and classes of living. It's history has been of tribes, trades, royalty, colonisation, independence, evolving power, and of course cricket.
While India has catapulted itself into the modern age of industry and information technology much of it's tradition and way of life remains unchanged. The same cannot be said about it's cricket as the evolution of the IPL and India's recent years of success on the world stage have transformed it into the dominant power in the sport.
Most recently in 2010 after another epic struggle, India won the series 2-0; the first time Australia had lost all matches in a series since 1988. In Mohali, the Aussies fell 1 agonising wicket short thanks to an 81 run 9th wicket partnership by VVS Laxman and Ishant Sharma, while in Bangalore the "The Little Master" - Sachin Tendulkar - scored 214 and 53 not out to guide India home by 7 wickets in the final session of Day 5.
The recent 4-0 clean sweep of India on home soil restored fans' faith in Australian Test cricket, but in the process raised serious questions about some of the greats of the current generation - on both teams. As possibly the last chance to witness a cricketing deity - Sachin Tendulkar - in front of his adoring billions, and as key preparation for Ashes redemption in the UK in July, this is a series you don't want to miss.
We have over a decade of experience running tours to India (most recently at the ICC CWC 2011) and with a legendary ex-Test player to host the journey for you, our flexible tour options include the best accommodation and sightseeing and will dazzle your senses with all the magic and mystic that India has to offer. Click here to view our India Test Tour Brochure.
|22-26 Feb||1st Test||Chennai Stadium||Chennai|
|2-6 Mar||2nd Test||Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium||Hyderabad|
India Test Tour 2013
- Reserved seating to the 1st Test in Chennai and the 2nd Test in Hyderabad
- 16 nights premium accommodation
- Full breakfast daily
- Services of Merv Hughes as Tour Host for the duration of the tour
- Services of experienced AST Tour Leader for the duration of the tour
- Luxury coach travel throughout with airport and match transfers as detailed in itinerary
- Welcome dinner in Chennai
- Test match dinner in Hyderabad
- Guided sightseeing of the Taj Mahal
- Return economy flight from Delhi to Chennai
- Return economy flight from Delhi to Hyderabad
- Official tour apparel including polo shirts, cap and lanyard
- AST ticket wallet and luggage tag